Skip to main content

Outreach & Community Engagement

Open Main MenuClose Main Menu

Camp Planning Resources

  • Residential Life Conference and Summer Camp Housing
    • Learn more about conference services here.
    • Contact Residential Life for more information about group lodging, rates, and requirements for the residential supervision of students.
    • If using a third party to conduct the camp, the contract must include compliance OSU’s with this policy. Independent contractor insurance is required. OSU Risk Management can assist, 405-744-7337.
  • Dining Options for Campers

    There are a few different dining options for camp participants


    Dining hall services can be contracted for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for camps with 100+ participants in residence halls such as University Commons. If several camps are held simultaneously that will total 100 or more attendees, dining services can be provided. Contact Catering in University Dining Services to discuss options and pricing at 405.744.7053 or email


    Camps with less than 100 people can choose from a few different options including purchasing temporary dining cards that can be used at various dining areas on campus. Please note that dining options are limited during the summer. Summer dining options are listed here.

  • Field Trips and Transportation

    OSU Transportation Services is used for field trip transportation. Using personal vehicles to transport campers is not recommended. Precision van driving is required if campers are transported to and from camp locations. Vans are reserved through OSU transportation. If transporting campers/minors or OSU students, the van driver must be trained through the OSU precision driving course in order to obtain the specialized license designation. It is a 4-hour training with driving instruction. OSU Transportation services offers the course once a month. The cost is $150 per person. More than one adult must be present in the vehicle with a minor unless there are multiple minors present.



    A parent permission form is needed to allow camp organizers to transport their child. Request a specific consent transportation form by contacting both individuals below. Send camp specific information: title and purpose of the camp, the daily schedules, dates and times when campers will be transported and to where, the number of campers, and the camp director’s contact information. The two offices work together to create the specific waiver for each camp.


    • OSU Legal, Counsel, Board of Regents
      Brandee Hancock, Deputy General Counsel/Interim
      OSU CLO 5th floor – Student Union, Stillwater, OK 74078
      405.744.6494 or Fax: 405.744.7998
Back To Top
SVG directory not found.